Benefit from a Comprehensive, Intuitive Look at Your Data & Operations
If you’re a manager or operator in the Oil and Gas Sector, we’re curious:
- Do you integrate data between departments?
- What is your strategy for data management?
- Is it easy for you to generate reports and assess accurate data in a timely manner?
If you’re uncertain about your answers, then Dovetail is ready to help. One of our key advantages over other custom software development companies is that we’re lean and work directly with our clients. We cut out the overhead found in larger software firms so that we can communicate with you directly, learn everything we can about your various processes, and build a software solution that is efficient, accurate, secure, and easy-to-use. We’re located right here in Houston, Texas, so we can meet you at your convenience.
The Dovetail team has worked on a wide range of oil and gas software. We have experience in everything from understanding the complicated rules around leasing to navigating the complexities of a robust real-time physics engine. Dovetail can facilitate continuity of information throughout software platforms and divisions, including land leasing, drilling, production, HSE compliance, and accounting.
Leasing | Drilling | Production | HSE & Compliance | Accounting
Real-Time Oil & Gas Experience
Dovetail has experience building real-time artificial lift systems that provide calculated virtual values for thousands of wells. The artificial lift systems we’ve built use data provided to a SCADA system by downhole equipment and wellhead sensors. Events and well-lifecycle data that would have required expensive equipment at the well were detected by a physics engine running over thousands of streams of data being reported from around the world.
Issues solved by artificial lift software:
- Products from many wells in an oil-field will be combined in a single separator
- Algorithms combined with existing sensor measurements allow the analysis of individual wells for production estimates, reservoir depletion state, etc.
- Visualize well specific data via an engineering dashboard
- Increase engineering productivity and allow a single engineer to monitor many wells simultaneously
Dashboards for surveillance engineers with event detection alerts allow one surveillance engineer to monitor 10 times what was previously possible. By quickly aggregating big data sets into reports, managers can make better decisions backed by clearer statistics. These systems must integrate with existing SCADA and data systems, and operate inside of a company’s DMZ network architecture to keep this data secure.
- Event Alarming
- Event detection
- Notifications via email/text
- Daily, weekly, monthly reports of data and event aggregates
Arguably the most important software in any oil & gas business is one that gives insights into production data. Often this data is reported from regions around the world. Traceability of changes to the budget, forecast, and daily reported BOE values is vital. Often oil & gas business units are highly customized and the accounting data needs to handle this situation. Dovetail has built global production and reporting tools for a company that generates more than $2 billion in revenue per year.
- Reporting of production data across opportunities and regions in the world
- Centralized repository
Dovetails finds effective solutions to business problems through strategy, tech, design and good old-fashioned creativity.
Get in touch with us and send some basic info about your project.